Gavin McInnes is a self-described Alt Lightist who is a Contributor to therebel.media and "Taki's Magazine" and Author of the Book "Death of Cool". Gavin is a Cofounder of "Vice" Magazine, which he left in 2008. He is the Founder of the Men's Club the Proud Boys.
What he has said about what
canadaland.com says Gavin said these Things during a Trip to Israel in early 2017:
- Jews are smarter than Christians — generally.
- Here’s my Problem with Jews. This is my Problem with Jews. [looks around] I hope we don’t get kicked out [of this Hotel-like Room at a Kibbutz near the Golan Heights]. We’re probably being recorded ... Jews and Liberals, and american Jews and american Liberals, have this Paranoia of the blond Alpha-Male. Because of Naziism.
- I’m mad at Jews for the same Reason I’m mad at Christians for, and it’s Ethno-Masochism.
- I’ve actually become more antisemitic since I’ve come here [Israel].
His Version of the Fourteen Words
His Definition of Alt Light and Alt Right
In a Video he made for therebel.media, Gavin defined the Alt Right as a Movement that is "too far", that thinks "Jews have an undue Influence" and that thinks "Whites are what's important", "not necessarily western Values". The Alt Light and Alt Right have something in common, he says: "Both sides have in common western Chauvinism, they're not embarrassed about Whiteness or whatever, they don't think Diversity is the be all and end all".
Race and Racism
In Gavin's View, it's not racist to notice "a pattern with a race", but it is Racism to say: "This race is this way and there’s no exception."
Although Gavin calls Richard Spencer "the head of the snake", he wrote in October 2016 that he knows Richard and that Richard got him a job at "Taki's Magazine". Gavin says he likes Richard and likes debating and arguing with him and thinks "you should too if you have a problem". He says that when Richard was starting the alternative right movement through his old website alternativeright.com, he "bid him adieu and told him it [the alt-right] won't be going anywhere."
Kisses Milo Yiannopoulos
On 15 June 2016, Milo Yiannopoulos and Gavin gave each other a mouth-to-mouth kiss to say "f*** you" to Islam during a press conference following the attack on a gay dance club in Orlando, Florida. Gavin, who had been making a brief statement, prefaced the moment by saying: "Yeah, homosexuality is a little weird, but we’re the most advanced. And as a straight man, standing here with a gay man, I would just like to say f*** you Islam."
- Gavin McInenes (7 April 2017). "Gavin McInnes: What is the Alt-Right?". 0:30. YouTube. Rebel Media. Retrieved 4 June 2017
- List of "Taki's Magazine" contributors. takimag.com. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Malzberg | Gavin McInnes - Columnist for TAKIMAG.com and Author of 'Death of Cool'". Newsmax TV YouTube Channel. Published 15 April 2015. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "DUBIOUS BROADCAST 'EXPERTS' SEEN ON MANY NETWORKS". splcenter.org. AvariceUntied. Published Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- Michael MacDonald (6 July 2017). "Who Are The Proud Boys?". huffingtonpost.ca. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Debunking Leftist Slandering of the Proud Boys". YouTube-Channel Rebel Edge. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "Ann Coulter, right-wing race rant: 'Our Blacks are so much better then their Blacks'". YouTube-Channel tmabomb. Published 1 November 2011. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- JONATHAN GOLDSBIE (16 March 2017). "Here’s What Happens When Rebel Hosts Get Drunk And Talk About Jews". canadalandshow.com. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "Gavin McInnes says the 14 Words". YouTube. Published 27 October 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Gavin McInenes (7 April 2017). "Gavin McInnes: What is the Alt-Right?". 0:32. YouTube. Rebel Media. Retrieved 4 June 2017
- Gavin McInenes (7 April 2017). "Gavin McInnes: What is the Alt-Right?". 1:15. YouTube. Rebel Media. Retrieved 4 June 2017
- Gavin McInenes (7 April 2017). "Gavin McInnes: What is the Alt-Right?". 0:46. YouTube. Rebel Media. Retrieved 4 June 2017
- Will Sommer (5 February 2017). "The fratty Proud Boys are the alt right’s weirdest new phenomenon". medium.com. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- Gavin McInnes (6 October 2016). "Love Your Fellow Hater". takimag.com. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Gavin McInenes (7 April 2017). "Gavin McInnes: What is the Alt-Right?". 1:30. YouTube. Rebel Media. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Alt-Right leaders: 'Regular dudes' or FBI agents?" YouTube. Rebel Media. Published 12 October 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "TGMS Bonus Show - Dallas, Lexi Page, Proud Boys - featuring Charles C. Johnson". 51:11. YouTube. The Anthony Cumia Show. Published 9 July 2017. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- Breitbart Tech (15 June 2016). "'F*** You, Islam': Homophobic Canadian Commentator Kisses Milo In Orlando". breitbart.com. Retrieved 19 July 2017.